General AA & AS
Health Promotion Concentration — Prepares students for numerous careers in the field of health promotion and wellness. Students completing this program select careers in corporate
wellness, health clubs, and hospital, university, military, and insurance health promotion settings.
Sports Medicine Concentration — Primarily for students interested in pursuing careers in physical therapy, the medical profession, or who plan on continuing their education through graduate study in exercise physiology.
Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) — PTAs are health care providers working under the direction of a Physical Therapist and involved in the treatment of individuals with muscular, skeletal, cardiopulmonary and nervous system disorders. Nurse Aide Program — Prepares students for employment as a nurse aide in hospital, home-care, skilled care and hospice facilities.
Do you like…
• Diagnosing health problems
• Responding quickly and calmly in emergencies
• Following guidelines and being accurate
• Making informed and logical decisions
• Using scientific rules/methods to solve problems
Do you want to be…
• Registered Nurse • Athletic Trainer
• Doctor • Physical Therapist
• Physical Therapist • Nurse Aide Assistant
• A.A. General with Health & Exercise Science (Health Promotion) Concentration
• A.S. General with Health & Exercise Science (Sports Medicine) Concentration
• Certified Nurse Aide
• Pre-nursing Prerequisites
• Physical Therapy Assistant Prerequisites & General Education Courses
|WAGE AND EMPLOYMENT TRENDS — COLORADO STATISTICS|
|Profession||Annual Median Wages (2017)||Projected Annual Job Openings|
|Licensed Practical Nurse||$50,040||450|
|Physical Therapist Assistant||$54,290||210|