EARN COLLEGE CREDIT WHILE STILL IN HIGH SCHOOL!
In the Douglas County School District
DCSD offers many concurrent enrollment course opportunities for our high school students. All of these courses are taken in our high schools with current DCSD high school teaching staff members who are also certified by the community college or university crediting the course. Students who pass concurrent enrollment classes with a grade of C or better generate a college/university transcript with those courses.
Savings for Parents
Last year, DCSD parents saved approximately $3 million in college tuition. That is using the lowest priced credits – community college credits – to generate the total savings (the savings would be much higher if we used four-year college/university credit prices).
Colleges and universities have articulation agreements with one another, and DCSD students are encouraged to collaborate with counselors and admissions offices to see if various concurrent enrollment courses will transfer in part, or in full, to the college or university that they hope to attend.
Tuition, books and fees are all part of the college/university requirements with all of our partners.
*Courses are subject to Change
CONCURRENT ENROLLMENT HIGHLIGHTS
- Courses taught by Douglas County teachers
- Available to all Douglas County School District Students
- Courses taught during regular school day hours
- Earn dual credit (DCSD and Community College college credit)
- College Credit accepted by all Colorado Community Colleges (Check with your specific Colorado college for credit transferablility of courses)
- College tuition savings by providing college credit at no charge to the student
CONCURRENT ENROLLMENT COSTS
- Students will purchase required textbook(s)
- A minimal registration fee
- Additional fees may apply to some courses and are subject to change
Still have questions?
Ask your counselor for an ACC Concurrent Enrollment Brochure for complete course descriptions or go to:
ACC Concurrent Enrollment
DCSD Concurrent Enrollment
Click To Enroll